With the holidays fast approaching we all need grab-it-as-you-walk-out-the-door gifts. One of our go-tos is a bottle of wine, but then how do you make it look like you just didn’t stop at the corner store on the way over….a wine bag. However, if you’ve ever shopped for wine bags you’ve noticed that they aren’t cheap. You’ll pay as much for the wine bag as you will for the bottle of wine. Well, there’s no need. Wine bags are very easy to make from remnant fabric, some cord and a button. You’ll end up with some little works of art. I used everything from burlap to toile to tweed – the world is your oyster!
– Cut your fabric aprox 7″ wide by 36″ long. You can get a yard of fabric and just cut 7″ swaths to make a whole batch.
– Fold the fabric face to face lengthwise.
– Fold over a 3′ flap on each side of the non-folded side.
– Sew a single seam down each side and turn right side out.
– Hand sew a decorative button on the front aprox 3″ down from the top.
– Use a ribbon or cord to wrap around the button, the bottle and back to the button.